Another week gone by, another week of workouts done!
Here’s what my gym time looked like last week.
Class at Syphus Training. They’ve been spotlighted quite a few times on the local news channel. Check out the clips here. This was my first time visiting this gym. After hearing about their workouts I knew I wanted to give it a try. The verdict? I loved it! They have multiple locations already but are opening a new spot right near my house. I’m looking forward to their grand opening and adding some classes into my rotation.
Spent some time in the gym. Started with some deadlifts and also got in plenty of presses, rows, pull-ups, and back extensions.
Since a lot of the work I do during my group classes is heavier on cardio, these days my solo training sessions tend to focus more on strictly weightlifting/strength training.
Class at FLEX. We did intervals, alternating between cardio (treadmill and spin bike) and strength (Kettlebells and Magic Circles).
I mentioned in this post that I was really not in the mindset for a workout. But I knew it would make me feel better so I reasoned with myself to just do something. Started with some work on the treadmill as follows:
- 10 sets of 15 seconds on/15 seconds off of “Deadmill” (For those who haven’t heard of these, it’s actually pretty straightforward but deceptively challenging. You are basically creating your own resistance on a stopped treadmill. Grip the handles of the treadmill and start pushing you feet until the belt moves. Continue running as fast as you can for your set time.)
- 10 sets of 15 seconds on/15 seconds off at 15% incline and 9.0 MPH. Basically a steep incline “sprint”. Short but very challenging. You will definitely feel your heart rate skyrocket after the first 2 or 3.
- Short HIIT work set. Did 30 on/10 off for each pair, 2 times.
- Jump Lunges/ Plank with Twist
- Jump Squat/ Push-up with Foot Tap
- Plank Jack with Spiderman/Plank Jack to Squat Hold
- Mt. Climber/V-up
- Finished my workout with this Burpee Chain. See a description here and give it a try! Perfectly sweaty way to end a workout.
Group class at Fuse45
Total mix-up day. I couldn’t decide what I wanted to do and then once I started something, my mind immediately moved to something else.
I ended up doing treadmill sprints, rowing, jump roping, and some squats.
I also did 2 round of this leg burner:
- 10 Burpees
- 20 Sumo Squats
- 20 Lunges (alternating)
- 10 Jump Squats
- 10 Jump Lunges
- 40 In-Outs
- 20 Split Squats (10 each)
- 20 Lateral Lunges (10 each)
- 10 180 Squat Jumps
And, now that Monday is almost over here are a couple snapshots from my day:
Clockwise from top right: Oats! with coconut, hemp seeds, chia, flax and lots of peanut butter. Sneak peek at a new workout coming to you soon. Red salad with mixed greens, tuna, blood orange, raw beets, dried cranberries, parmesan, and some vegi-delite zing mix. Monday Meditation with a candle, kombucha and chocolate.
This was just a one-week snapshot of what my life is like. It is usually never the same from one day to the next and I bet yours is the same! But I always focus on pushing myself, doing things that make me happy and simply sticking to my guns.
Share a weekly snapshot of your life or some of the things you focus on to keep you going throughout the week below!